Saturday, September 1, 2012

Antique Bench and Chair

This weekend Joel and I went to some garage sales (surprise!) While we were out we found 2 antique benches and this antique chair. I only have a picture of one of the benches.



This is the bench after we removed the disgusting fabric...

We bought them for a total of about $8. We are hoping to sell them soon and possibly even keep one of the benches for our house.  We bought the fabrics from Hobby Lobby and used a staple gun to reupholster the furniture. We plan on painting the other bench white and using the same fabric for the pad.

We love our weekend hobby because it makes us some extra money, we have so much fun doing it, and we find new furniture and other fun things for our house.








Hope you enjoyed the transformation and final products as much as we did!

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say, I think you are amazing! The bench and chair look great. I always love the fabrics you use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun hobby! Look how you transformed that! Really nice job and like your Mom, I really liked the fabric you used, too!

    ReplyDelete