Here's yesterday's project!
here. The pattern cost money to get, so I attempted to make my own pattern.
I looked at her pieces and just tried to mimic the look. To the right is the sleeve, and below is the bodice.
I then put the bodice pieces right sides together and sewed the side seams by starting at the bottom of the armhole down to the bottom corners of the shirt.
Then I just pinned that piece onto the armhole and edgestitched it down.
Next I did the same sandwiching of the fabric as I did with the armhole covering, except I used my contrasting fabric and made it the length of the edge of my sleeve.
Then I attached it to my sleeve by edge stitching again.
After that I matched up the top of the armhole and the top of the sleeve and stitched them together by stitching directly on top of my old seam as shown below:
This is the result:
After completing that I cut a slit into the front of the dress, zig-zagged the edge to prevent fraying, then turned that edge under and stitched it down. I put a button and sewed on some elastic to make an opening so her head would fit through the top.
I did one more hot dog strip for the bottom of the shirt and edge stitched that one on too. Voila! Finished! You now have a cute and totally unique shirt!