Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Finally, more crafting!:)

Hurray! I finally got to making a new craft!:)  I went onto Pinterest and found a project that I've been meaning to do forever(There are SEVERAL!) and just picked one out! Tonight I chose to do the pom-pom flower headband.

I got it from this website. Just for fun though I went ahead and took pictures of my own to post.  Here goes!
First I cut out a bunch of circles of my fabric(probably 1 1/2 inch circles) that I wanted to be the pom-pom flower.
 Next I grabbed the center of the circle and scrunched it up.  I then put hot glue on the tip.




I then stuck the glued, scrunched circle onto a circular piece of felt that I had cut out beforehand

 I forgot to take a picture, but I just took a second piece of felt, cut a tiny slit into it so that I can slip a clip into it(for attaching it to my headbands), and then placed glue around the edges and glued it down to the first felt circle.  If you're confused, I have pictures at the bottom of this post.  It's the second method for attaching a clip to a hairpiece.

And there you have it! A pom-pom flower accessory!


 I liked it so much that I went ahead and made another one out of an old pair of jeans!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! You just know how to do so many things, Kristin! No telling what you will be like at my age with all the amazing creating time in between 20 something and 70 something! So proud of you, Girl!

    ReplyDelete