|This sign used to say for sale...|
Pros of buying a house (for the Reichert's):
- More space (we've lived in 2 apartments with less than 1000 sq. feet for almost 3 years)
- Start building equity in our home - give us flexibility to start saving for other goals as well
- Sense of stability - we want to feel more permanent and establish some roots
- More rooms - I get a craft room. Joel gets an office. We'll have a guest room for family!
- 2 car garage
- A pretty yard to play in
- Lots of Storage - tons of cabinets, shelving, garage, other storage throughout
- You can paint, decorate and do whatever you want to your house
- Awesome pool, tennis court, fitness center, walking trails, play grounds, etc for the family
- Home prices and interest rates are still very low - nowhere to go but up... hopefully...
- Less noisy neighbors / more privacy
- Less shady characters around
- The trains won't be going by all day and in the middle of the night
- Right next to some great shopping
- Still a short commute for Joel - about 10-15 minutes
- Great ward for church and great neighborhood - family friendly
- Less speed bumps - we go over about 5 both ways coming and going in our complex
P.S. The house is really pretty, I can't wait to share the pictures. It's not fully finished yet, so we will post pictures once it's done (approximately 30 days or so).
Also, today we went to Monument Cafe and it was really tasty...
Siena had her sunglasses on her head almost the whole time. Funny little thing...