Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fun felt hair clips

Well, I got really into making little felt hair pieces..and I have quite a few.. but the funny part is that I'm not done with all the little designs I found online.  Basically what I am saying is that my poor daughter is going to be wearing felt hair pieces a TON!lol Here are some that I've made:





(Sorry, for some reason this flower won't turn, but you get the idea)

Like I said, I found these designs on the internet on various blogs and such and tweaked a few of them just a little, but they're very easy to make, and felt is sooo cheap! So it's great! I just drew the designs on a piece of paper, and then traced each individual part of the design onto another piece of paper and then cut out the individual shapes and assembled!

For the back of them, so that you can slip a clip into it I did 3 different designs.
1) You can just leave it flat on the back(which is what I did for the little purple rosette) so that it can be glued/taped or whatever method you would like to use to get it to stick straight to your baby's head.

2) I doubled up the backing so that I could just put a slit into the second, or back piece of felt.
  Example:

3)I attached a little piece of felt across the back so that the clip could just slip behind that piece.
     Example:

So there ya have it! There are sooo many different designs that people have come up with! I literally went to google images and typed in felt hair clips and lots came up.

2 comments:

  1. So cute Kristin!!!! I am in love with that ice cream cone, it's so darling. They all are! You're so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, this has been so FUN to see the cute little things you are doing! It would be hard for me to pick my favorite, since they are ALL so cute. Felt is fun to work with and I use to do projects with it myself. One of the most fun things for me was to make Barbie doll clothes for my little girls to play with. You have a little time before that day will come though. It will get there before you realize it though. Life passes so quickly before our eyes! I guess not quickly enough when you are waiting for your daughter to get here though,huh.

    ReplyDelete