Monday, June 27, 2011

Hair clips

hmm. where to start. I have lots of crafts..but i've gotten behind in my postings..bad news. Today I think I'll add some more hair pieces though

This guy was an attempt at doing a hair piece with feathers.  I can't make up my mind about him though so we'll have to wait and see how it looks on my babies head.  




Why does this thing turn my pictures sideways?
For this hair piece I just made a felt rosette then added a few sand beads to the top of it.  For a how-to on felt rosettes of this style click here!
 For this little guy I got the idea/pattern from makeit-loveit.com and just added a few of my own embellishments.


I really like this one because it's my size!lol I can't remember where I found the tutorial for this flower..But if I find it, I'll definitely post it! 


This one is Joel's favorite. He LOVES color.  I found this idea off of etsy.com in the lou and lee "store".










I had so much fun making all of these! They definitely take some time though, but so worth it!:)

1 comment:

  1. Call me old fashioned but I am not much for feathers on a sweet innocent baby's head but I love the pink little flower a lot. When they are young and tender, I only like pastels on a little, baby, too. Also the flower headpiece you are wearing is amazing! I understand you and Rachel got together today and I love it that you can do that! I really do! Anything that brings our family close to us is worth the time and effort! Loving the letters from Dallin and I've written him, too. Looks like he is doing very well! YAY!

    ReplyDelete